International Experience Canada

International Experience Canada (IEC) provides youth with the opportunity to travel and work in Canada.

To participate:

  • your country of citizenship must have an agreement with Canada that allows you to apply for an IEC work permit, or
  • you may be able to use a Recognized Organization (RO) .

Depending on where you are from, you can choose from up to three travel and work experiences: If you want to travel and work temporarily in Canada as part of International Experience Canada (IEC), your first step is to become a candidate in one or more IEC pools.

DC readers are mostly from UK, Nigeria and USA so I have taken the liberty to check eligibility for those countries. The US and Africa as a whole are not eligible. Not to worry though all you need to do is to apply via a  Recognised Organisation. Having looked through a couple of the RO’s, I can confirm that African countries, Nigeria inclusive are eligible.

Some useful links are below;

Application Process at a glance

Help for finding a job or planning your trip

Information is culled from Government of Canada and image is from The MarkoZen Blog – thanks folks!


3 thoughts on “International Experience Canada

Say something, start a conversation...